1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewing Wireless Network connections

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CastleHeart, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CastleHeart

CastleHeart Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this is the forum for it but here goes. I am still pretty dense with networking and only know enough to make things work for the moment but I am learning.

My question is, when i set up a wireless router network and you can take any old laptop with wireless builtin and find the network and logon, (before having the proper security measures enabled) how can I - from the main PC - tell who is connected via wireless to my network?

I have been in the process of setting up security measures and for jollys wanted to see if I could see my test laptop when it was connected and couldn't see it. I can see the hardwired PCs but they are already part of the established work group. I was trying to simulate seeing an outside PC that gained wireless access to the network.

I am cornfused !:rolleyes: but then.... I am much of the time...

- Castleheart

2. jackdw

jackdw

I have a menu in my router called 'Attacjed devices'. What router do you have?

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

"Airsnare" will show devices attached to your network. You can tag your own devices as friendly, and have it alert you if any others are connected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice