1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewsonic CRT Brightness Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eddieg123, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddieg123

eddieg123 Thread Starter

I've got a Viewsonic P95f+ monitor.

19" CRT

I keep the brightness at medium level, but it regularly goes darker (Grey/washed out) and it gets harder to read the print (Seems blurry). I haven't nailed down a pattern, but I'd say every 15-20 minutes or so. It lasts 1-10 minutes, then goes back to my regular brightness.

The monitor is probably 5-7 years old, but I've had no problems until now. I recently put in a new power supply and graphics card in my PC, but I can't say if this started before or after those changes.

Could this be a problem with a driver/the graphics card/power supply, or is it just time to get a new monitor? Any tips on how to diagnose?

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. norton850

norton850

Sounds like you will need a new monitor. Since it is happening fairly often hook it up to another computer and see if the same thing happens.

3. steven1350

steven1350

I used to have a viewsonic, but it was laid to rest becasue of a brightness problem. Every now and then, the screen would get darker, so I up'd the brightness to componsate. After a while of doing this, the brightness eventually reached 100% (so I couldnt raise it anymore, lowerering and raising didnt help).

Needless to say, invest in a new monitor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!