1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewsonic LCD monitor trouble.........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marstar1, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marstar1

marstar1 Thread Starter

My Viewsonic LCD monitor flashes on and off depending on what I am viewing. I can view pages in any program that has writing or a small number of small pictures without too much trouble. A web page with lots of pictures or the desktop and screen saver are the worst. The monitor flashes off so much on these last pages that I can barely see the page long enough to move the mouse and open a program or expand one from the start bar. I have checked cables, changed power cord, and checked video card drivers. Viewsonic website was no help. Anyone with any ideas?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Do you happen to know if you are operating the monitor at or beyond its normal operating range for resolution and refresh rates?

Do you get a stable image if you start Windows with a lower resolution in Safe mode?

In the future, it would help us to help you if you give more details like the model number of the monitor and how it is connected to the computer. The TSG reporting utility program does not produce an exhaustive and detailed report about all of the hardware related to your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice