1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewsonic LCD wont shut off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cookiemonsterman, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonsterman

cookiemonsterman Thread Starter

hi

I have a 15" Viewsonic VA520 LCD monitor that is having some problems.

The monitor has a a built in "auto adjust" and at the moment all of a sudden it keep auto adjusting over and over again. I cant shut my monitor off unless i turn the power cord off and when i do the same problem occurs over again.

Ive unplugged the monitor, then plugged it back in, unplugged all the computer wires and then replugged, done a virus check but it is still like this.

There are 4 buttons on the bottom of the monitor

[​IMG]

if i click the 3rd button (the up selection button) and hold it the "adjusting" goes away but the minute i let go it reappears. I hold that button and then hit power the monitor shuts off but not normally.

So i guess my question is how to i make this auto adjust go away other than to take it to a dealer and get it fixed. Im wondering if there are other options.

thanks.

2. cookiemonsterman

cookiemonsterman Thread Starter

someone just told me this might be a video card problem. Is there any way to figure that out?

thanks.

3. norton850

norton850

Yes, you have to try your monitor on another system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!