1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ViewSonic Monitor Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LgEnder, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LgEnder

LgEnder Thread Starter

I recently downloaded the latest drivers from ViewSonic's page and isntalled them, and upon rebooting I had weird resolutions listed. Missing are 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200. Instead I have ones like 1280x720, 1280x768, 1280x960, 1360x768, 1600x900, and 1600x1024. I Desperatly need my non-distorted resolutions back!! I have tried uninstalling the drivers and the device. I have also tried to just change to a Generic driver but the resolutions are the same. HELP!!!!

Monitor : ViewSonic A90f+ UltraBrite

2. compilerxp

compilerxp

Windows version?

Win98se = reboot into safe mode, go into Device manager (Right click MY COMPUTER / Properties), remove ALL monitors.

Reboot

3. LgEnder

LgEnder Thread Starter

4. LgEnder

LgEnder Thread Starter

I have also recently tried to do a System Restore to a point 2 days before I installed the drivers yet it is still screwed up. I give it about 2 days before I'm too tempted to format. ;)

5. compilerxp

compilerxp

Have you tried to remove the monitors from Device Manager, even in XP.

6. LgEnder

LgEnder Thread Starter

Yep, have removed all listed and I have it set so it will list them all, not just currently in use ones.

In safe mode there are no monitors listed :) Strangly enough I can set the correct resolutions in safe mode when its using (default Monitor).

7. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

"I recently downloaded the latest drivers from ViewSonic's page and isntalled them"

WHY???? What wasn't working?

8. LgEnder

LgEnder Thread Starter

I'm not sure why I did it anymore. Was one fo those all night gaming sprees and one thing must have led to antoher.

9. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Remove monitor from Device Manager. Shutdown computer. Unplug from electrical outlet. Disconnect monitor. Wait 5 minutes. Plug electrical cord back into wall. Plug monitor back into video card/wall. Start computer. Once computer is running, set monitor settings(on the monitor itself- front button,etc.) to default. Use Viewsonic cd to update drivers. Go to video card and run driver update. If Windows says found a newer or better driver, install it. If not leave alone. Re-install DirectX. It does NOT have to be the new version Dx9.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice