1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viewsonic Monitor E771 Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JTODD, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTODD

JTODD Thread Starter

My monitor seems to be experiencing some kind of problem.

The best way I can describe it is as a 'widescreen' mode. There is a black bar on the top and bottom of the desktop about 1 inch wide and extending across the entire length of the screen. I cannot move the mouse into this portion of the screen.

When adjusting the horizontal and vertical settings, 100% stops with the 1 inch black bars still in place. I cannot seem to make the desktop fit the screen. It seems to have shifted into some other mode of viewing.

I called Viewsonic tech support, but they didn't really know much else to do besides checking my settings. I am at 1024 x 768 resoloution, Radeon 8500 64MB graphics card, Windows XP and have installed the most recent drivers. Even when booting - the black bars are present, as if the monitor has somehow decided that is the mode it wants to be in.

If anyone has come across something like this before or knows how I might be able to fix it, I'd be MUCH obliged!

Regards,

Jeff.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Might be starting to fail, 3 year warranty on those generally check the date on the back. Absolute easiest think to do would be to try it on another computer. On the other computer see if you square up the image with the screen if you can't then its the monitor, if you can it could be the video card.

3. DemonSoul666

DemonSoul666

Check your refresh rate to. Play around with it. I have a Viewsonic P95f+ and run the same resolution as you, but my refresh rate will probably be different than yours. But start to adjust that with the setting on your monitor too. It should center out but if not. Check if the warranty is good

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice