ViewSonic Monitor not detected by multiple laptops

grm535

I have a brand new ViewSonic VG2448 monitor that is not being detected on multiple laptops. It came with a USB superspeed cable as well as a VDP - VDP cable. I went and bought a VDP - HDMI cable because my laptops do not have VD Ports. Nothing I have done so far has gotten either one of my laptops to detect the monitor. All cables are plugged in well and the monitor is working, as in the menu buttons on the bottom allow me to cycle through the video sources.

Any ideas?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

According to the user guide, the VG2448 monitor has an HDMI input. If your laptops have HDMI outputs, can you use a basic HDMI cable?

https://www.viewsonicglobal.com/pub...y/VG2448_VG2748/VG2448_VG2748_UG_ENG.pdf?pass

I have never heard of a VD port or a VDP port on a monitor or a laptop. There is no mention of those terms in the linked user guide. The monitor does have a DisplayPort input that uses "DP" as an abbreviated name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online