Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viglen Connect 10" Tablet

11K views 31 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Hi, apologies if I don't follow the correct protocol - first ever time posing on a Forum!

I have a Viglen Connect 10" Tablet & Keyboard (from Tesco) and after reinstalling Windows 10 / refreshing the Tablet, I have no sound devices and some hardware with driver problems, as follows:

"No Audio Output Device is installed". No Audio inputs and outputs (no Mic, no Speakers)
"PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller" - no driver (I can't install/update driver)
"Unknown device" - no driver (I can't install/update driver)
"Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Driver" - Windows cannot load the drivers, device is not working properly

I have downloaded the complete Viglen driver package and tried absolutely everything I can but cannot fix the above problems. All Windows updates done also. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Windows 10 Home (1909) / Intel Atom x5-Z8300 CPU @ 1.44GHz 1.44 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM, 32-bit OS, x64-based processor.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have one of those tablets myself.

First you need the download that Liz linked to in post #2 above.
Unzip it into a folder

Open Device Manager (right-click Start > Device Manager)

right-click on one of the missing devices > Update driver > Browse my computer ...
In the new window Click on the Browse button
Navigate to the folder you unzipped the drivers into
click Next and the drivers should install

Repeat the above 4 lines for each missing device.

Let me know how that goes please. Does the touchscreen work ok ?

#4 ·
Thanks Liz and Allan for your replies. Yes I'd already found those drivers, unzipped and done exactly as you say but it just says it couldn't install the devices each time. (Tried many many times!) The touchscreen seems fine. The only 'noticeable' issue is no mic & speakers. I was only trying to get this computer going as a spare, but to be honest I'm completely out of ideas! Thanks

#5 ·
In the unzipped 'Full Driver Set' folder go to the
\Full Driver Set\Installer\PlatformInstaller
folder and run the setup.exe file by right-clicking it > Run as administrator
that could install the missing drivers.

If the above fails for some reason go to the
\Full Driver Set\Script
folder and run the Install.bat file the same way.

#6 ·
Thanks Allan, tried all of that and it has made no difference unfortunately. Still got the PCI and Unknown device that doesn’t have drivers, and no mic & speakers. It seems to work OK apart from no sound devices and is only a spare computer, but I’m tempted to dispose of it as the lack of mic & speakers probably would be an issue. Thanks

#7 ·
In Device Manager for those 2 missing devices

right-click on the device > Properties > Details tab
click the down arrow under Property and select Hardware IDs
right-click on the top entry and then click on Copy
Paste that into your reply

With that information we can look for the correct drivers.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Many thanks Allan, both drivers installed and no more yellow "!" driver problems, but.. I still don't have any audio input or output devices, so no working mic & speakers. Is there anything else I can do? I've scanned for new hardware and nothing, have tried adding legacy hardware but can't find anything related to audio input/mic/speakers.

Thank you, Iain

#11 ·
I'll see if I can find the audio drivers but I have Ubuntu Linux on my tablet now so it could take a while.

It could be worth running the setup.exe and/or install.bat again as in post #5, can't do any harm and it may install more stuff now that those latest 2 drivers are installed.

#13 ·
Out of curiosity what happens when you run that setup.exe and install.bat, do they actually attempt to install stuff or do you get errors ?

Are there any unknown devices or yellow icons in Device Manager now ?

#14 ·
The install.bat opens up a command prompt type window and runs a load of lines and then closes. The setup.exe worked the first time I think but then doesn't work on subsequent attempts. There's no unknown devices and no yellow ! anymore, but no audio input and output devices - no mic and no speakers. Thanks

#15 ·
Looking back in this thread in your very first post you said the Cpu is a Z8300 however my tablet has a Z3735G !
I'm wondering if anything else is different, not sure, but that could be why we can't sort the sound out.
I'll do some more research and get back to you tomorrow.

#17 ·
You're welcome.

I am going to install Windows 10 on my tablet and if the speaker and/or mic don't work I will try to fix that and then let you know how I did it.

I will make an Image of my Ubuntu on it first. too tired now so I will do it all this evening (Tuesday).

#18 ·
I installed 10 onto my tablet then copied the Full Driver Set folder into the Downloads folder and ran the setup.exe in the Full Driver Set\Installer\PlatformInstaller folder, it ran successfully then I re-started the Tablet and Sound and the Mic worked !

I looked at the Install.bat file again and noticed some errors, so to try installing Audio again on your tablet please copy the code below into an empty Notepad window
then Save as InstallAudio.bat into the Full Driver Set\Script folder (along with the original Install.bat file)
then right-click on InstallAudio.bat and Run as Administrator
From the new CMD window, Paste the text into your reply by clicking on the black icon at the top left > Edit > select all, then press Enter
then click in the reply window and press Ctrl+V to paste.

Or post a screenshot :- https://forums.techguy.org/help/screenshot/

After you restart the tablet does the sound work now ?
There may be other drivers needed before it works but let me know how the above goes first please.

Code:
@echo off

set currentpath=%cd%
cd %~dp0
echo Installing All Drivers

cd..
echo %cd%
cd Installer\PlatformInstaller\Drivers

echo **************
echo Install Audio driver
set foldername=Audio
set infname=isstrtc.inf
cd %foldername%
pnputil -i -a isstrtc.inf
pnputil -i -a rtii2sac.inf
cd ..
pause

echo All drivers are installed !

#20 ·
Many thanks Allan. Long story, tried the InstallAudio.bat and ended up having to reinstall W10 as it just kept crashing (tablet just went off and had to be manually rebooted). Reinstalled, ran the setup.exe, restarted then ran your InstallAudio.bat and here is the response:

Installing All Drivers
C:\Users\Vigle\Downloads\Full Driver Set
Install Audio driver
Microsoft PnP Utility
Processing inf : isstrtc.inf
Successfully installed the driver.
Driver package added successfully.
Published name : oem49.inf

Total attempted: 1
Number successfully imported: 1
Microsoft PnP Utility
Processing inf : rtii2sac.inf
Failed to install the driver : No more data is available.

Total attempted: 1
Number successfully imported: 0
Press any key to continue . . .

Its not the end of the world if I can't get this working, and really appreciate all your help. I just don't want it to beat us! Incidentally, each time I have downloaded the full driver package it says there's a trojan horse in it!

Thank you

#21 ·
I’ve restarted, but no change. Looking in device manager there’s only the 4 items below that have the yellow ! On them. But still no mic or speakers installed (but as before, they’re not even there as hardware items with issues - they’re just not there at all). Have ran the setup.exe, the install and installaudio a few times.

Thanks, Iain

#22 ·
Looks like you forgot the Device Manager info in your last post but it doesn't matter.
We have made progress, 1 more driver is installed now.

Please do the same procedure for all 4 of those items as in my post #7
If any of them are the same as in post #8 install the same drivers as in post #9

Post the PCI\VEN... data for any remaining devices in your reply please.

#23 ·
Sorry, I took a photo of the screen but forgot to attach it! But...on checking now, I have no items with yellow "!" so all drivers seem OK, except I still have no mic and no speakers and no Audio inputs and outputs section in Device Manager. But there are no devices (mic / speakers) waiting to be installed so don't know where they are, if you see what I mean?! Thank you

#24 ·
So I tried plugging in a USB mic and speaker (a USB handset that I have) and it installed them OK or at least the sound worked! Its as if the built-in mic and speakers do not exist! And I just don't know how to find them again. I've scanned for new hardware and also tried install legacy hardware but no luck! Thank you

#25 ·
I found these slightly newer drivers, try running their setup.exe :-https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25311/eng/SOC_BYT_Win10_32.zip

I noticed on my tablet there were 2 drivers under the heading Audio near the top of the Device Manager list, when I looked they have the same PCI\VEN data as the drivers in the Full Driver Set (and the drivers at the link above).
When Windows installs a driver it gets the PCI\VEN data from the hardware then tries to match it to the same data in an .INF file, if it finds a match it carries out the instructions in that .INF file which install the driver files.

So I'm thinking you have some different hardware in your tablet compared to mine.

To find out more about your hardware please run this on your tablet and paste the blue output text into your reply :-
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe

#26 ·
Thanks Allan. I tried the newer drivers (setup.exe), it did install but no difference to sound problem.

Here is the info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 32 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200521202840.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8300 CPU @ 1.44GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 28 GB (17 GB Free);
Motherboard: Viglen Ltd. Connect 10'' Tablet PC, ver 1.0, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver A M I - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Thanks, Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.