1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vindows Vista isn't updating...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by CanSnowboard, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CanSnowboard

CanSnowboard Thread Starter

Ever since I reformatted my computer I haven't been able to install any updates for windows vista ultimate. During the reformat process it installed a bunch of security updates but ever since it wont even check for updates... this is what I get.

[​IMG]

after I click 'Check for Updates'

[​IMG]

then it goes to the downloading and installation bar and does nothing... after a bit it sends me back to the check for updates option.

Anyone know how to fix this without an attempt of reformatting my computer?. By the way it worked perfectly the first time before I reformatted.

2. Dad-MSFT

Dad-MSFT

Two things.

First, manually download the v7 WUMU client and install it.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

Secondly, run the WindowsUpdate again. You will see a new hyperlink in the Windows Update applet to 'check for updates directly from the Microsoft Website' or something very similar. Try that link if the normal process doesn't work.

If you're still having no luck, post your C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log

I'm new here, so I don't know the rules about posting logs or whatever.

3. CanSnowboard

CanSnowboard Thread Starter

Thanks, worked perfectly. :)

4. Dad-MSFT

Dad-MSFT

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice