Virgin Broadband

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robsguide

Have just switched over to virgin broadband 16mb

unlimited and have a virgin phone line and phone,

The Internet frequently cuts out for about 1 minutes at a time around every hour,

I think i have the standard virgin router i think its the

net gear wgr614

Any ideas on how to fix this as its really annoying,

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

robsguide

hi there thanks for the help. but its my main ip thats keep changing my pc has a static ip from the router.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If by "main", you're talking about the public IP address, that's a problem from the Virgin modem or beyond. The router or your computer can't force a modem reset, which is the only thing on your end that could cause the public IP address to change. This is not a normal occurrence, and I'd be on the folks at Virgin about it.

robsguide

yes i do mean my public ip, so i have to ring them then? And just ask for a static ip?

TerryNet

Terry
It would no doubt cost considerably more for a static IP, and would not address whatever defect there is in the modem or your ISP's lines or service.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd just ask them why it's causing you this issue, you don't need a static IP address.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online