1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual Box...

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Chris123456789, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris123456789

Chris123456789 Thread Starter

Jul 24, 2012
    Currently I am on my home network behind a typical BT router serving several computers.

On one PC, which has a wireless Ethernet connection and is running Windows 7 Home Edition I have installed VirtualBox.

Within virtual box I have installed one virtual PC, which is Windows Server 2003. I wish to add Active Directory etc to my virtual server PC to turn it into a domain controller, but for the life of me I cannot connect my virtual Windows Server 2003 to my home network or the internet. When I tried loading Active Directory I could not because it said the virtual PC has no IP address assigned to it.

Can somebody please help me out? I am fine with programming but when it comes to IP addresses, subnet masks, DNS servers I come unstuck. Within my virtual PC when I type ipconfig/all at the cmd prompt there are no details at all!

How do I create a connection for my virtual server 2003?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Apr 4, 2003
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062427