Virtual CD on my harddrive...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MSM Hobbes

In another thread, in a reply to another queries, a response was made to make a mirror image [aka: copy] of original CD into/onto my hard drive, and reference was made to both alcohol and nero. In particular, have a image of my game CD on the harddrive so as not to potentially have damage occur to the original CD. ;)

I've gone to both web sites, and have a basic understanding of each... but, w/ a Windows 98SE machine, which version [either alcohol or nero] is recommended by those of you on this forum? Altho there is quite the difference in cost [alky 120 = ~$50] whereas nero costs more (~$70 via download), yet seems to have more features???

If acquire the alky 120 [the direction I'm currently leaning towards], are there any quirks, tips, etc. that would be helpful w/ this software?

thanks,
- hobbes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online