1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual domain hosting

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by serenitee, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serenitee

serenitee Thread Starter

Ok, here's what's going on:

I have a domain, which I just set up for Virtual domain hosting. Now I understand that when you set this up with the hosting company, you create a directory and the domain will be pointed to that directory, that I understand, but what I don't understand is once that is created and you go to set links up on the index page and so forth, (via using front page) how are those links to be listed on the index page, when there's no actual ip address.

Ex: www.heisburg.com (this would be the virtual domain)

Now the way it is currently set, to get to heisburg you must go this route... www.sorceresstower.com/Heisburg/index.html and then once that comes up there's link on the page to other places and such. Now once it's set up via the virtual domain, I have the directory it will point to, but changing the links on the index? I don't know what exactly I need to be typing in.

(meaning: www.sorceresstower.com/Heisburg/smithy.html, so on so forth)

would it be like www.heisburg.com/smithy.html or is it done a bit differently with the virtual domain?

If I didn't make a bit of sense or anyone needs more information from me on this, please don't hesistate to send me an e-mail. I'll gladly reply.

[email protected] or [email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice