1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual machine software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pcfeer, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcfeer

pcfeer Thread Starter

Hi, I recently purchased a gaming computer to replace my laptop and was wondering if there is some software I can use to effectively link the gaming PC to the laptop (preferably via Wi-Fi) to keep the portability within router range or Ethernet so I can seemingly make my ordinary laptop into a virtual gaming laptop emulator type thing :confused: making use of course of the laptops screen, keyboard, speakers, usb ports and touch pad.

If this is possible would there be any loss of quality due to the transfer of information or any other downsides or would it be as clear as if the games were running on the laptop itself? Many thanks

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

There's no such thing.

The closest thing would be a remote desktop connection which would be horribly laggy and completely unsuited.

3. pcfeer

pcfeer Thread Starter

I heard of a software called vmware, would this not do the trick?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Nope, that software is for installing operating systems on top of an existing operating system(called virtualization) not at all for what you are looking for.

As mentioned the only thing that may work is remote control software such as Remote Desktop, VNC, TeamViewer, GoToMyPC, or anything similar, but if those apps even work while gaming I do suspect the performance of the display to be too poor to be usable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice