Virtual memory low

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blonde1

Hello! I have been recieving the message memory low.I did what one of the replies said, to let windows manage it ? What next should i check? Windows already was.
Thanks,
blonde1

You should always let windows manage your vurtual memory, unless you have like a 5 gig drive that you use exclusivly for swap. Otherwise its quite easy to run out of swap.

People dont reallize that when widowns is running with 5 or more programs the memory commit can be huge, (1.2gb+)

blonde1

Thanks but u didn't answer my question either that or the fact that I'm not very puter savy.
blonde1

How much ram do you have in your computer?

The best way other than letting windows manage your vm, it to just manage it yourself. somthing that has worked for me before (an i find to be a little over what windows will put it at) is double your ram number and then add your ram to that. So if you have 64mb of ram, then use a swap of at least 256mb, (though the older machine the more)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts