1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual memory too low error message???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by frankgrimes, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frankgrimes

frankgrimes Thread Starter

I keep getting :confused: an error message that says 'virtual memory too low' then the computer slows down and I have to re-start. Any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Hi FrankGrimes Follow that link and it will take you to The security forum and Rollin Rogs files . If you do not have the following download install and scan with Ad-Aware SE , If you do not have anti virus installed Go to Panda Active Scan and do an online scan . After that download AVG from Grisoft. It is free and you should use it daily .
    After trying those Come back and Tell us more information on your operating system and there will be someone here to help you further

3. sysmam

sysmam

Try to be more specific. What OS, system specs,what apps your running etc...

4. frankgrimes

Sorry, I have windows xp pro, 2.0 pentium, 80 gb hard drive, 224 mb. I have norton antivirus and Ad-aware 6.0 and I scan with both regularly. When I open task manager and go to performance it shows that the pf usage is at 733 mb and the bar is almost full. After I re-boot it goes down to about 200 mb. I'm not exactly sure what that is a indication of but I think it might be related. Thanks again in advance.

5. bobol

bobol

pentium 2 and xp pro.... that's straining the system.... even pentium 3 is border line---what mghz/Ghz are you running[ie, 233mhz?]?
    Also get the free tool spybot below, and run it if you don't have it ....
    Nortons using alot of system juice too.
    Are you cleaning out internet temp files too? running diskcleanup and defrag?

6. frankgrimes

Sorry I meant its a pentium 4 2.0 and I already run spybot and spyware blaster. I clean out temp files regularly and also run defrag too. Thanks for your help tho.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!