Virtual Memory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

debs2411

I keep getting this alert message saying "Windows-Virtual memory minimum to low- Your system is low on virtual memory, windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory request for some applications may be denied, For more info see help.'
I'm not really sure what that means. But what "help" am I suppost to be seeing? Also what can i do to keep from seeing this message again. i see it about every 3 or 4 days. can i expand my file or what do I have to do. Is that too many questions/

Perhaps if we knew what version of Windows you are running, and the amount of RAM you have installed we could comment with some intelligence.

debs2411

So sorry, I thought I had it posted. My mistake. Windows xp home. , Intel Celeron II, 566 MHz, System memory-96MB. is there anything else i need to post?

Hi debs2411,
First of all your memory is very low for XP. It should be at least 128mb minimum, 256 mb is good but 512 mb is better.
The 566mhz is adequate but 800 or more is better to run XP.
If you right click My Computer, properties, advanced, performance.
Click on change.
Make sure the Virtual memory is 96 - 192. But as I said I think you need to increase your memory.

I have XP and mine is set for 382 but lately I have been getting a message that my virtual memory is low.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online