Virtual Memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liquid_flame

Banned
I often get a pop-up in the bottom-right "virtual memory low", why is this? and what should i do?

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Use "Help and Support" in the "Start" menu. In the Search field insert "virtual memory low." Also, use simply "virtual memory".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
How much RAM is in that computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

liquid_flame

Banned
flavallee said:
How much RAM is in that computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
500+...? i dont know.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The RAM amount is fine. Your computer probably has too many running processes.

Yep, that can be related to your RAM.

You said you don't know if 500+ is right, so to be sure, please right-click on the My Computer icon on your Desktop, then select Properties. You'll find your amount of RAM there, at the lower left corner of the window.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"jag11": Following your instructions brings up NO info re my computer on the resulting 'form'. Perhaps the same will occur for"l_f". How about using Belarc Adviser?
{redoak}

It works perfectly on me, just wait and the words will come out. (reduced the colors coz it's quite big)

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
"jag11": Instead of "System Properties," I show "My Computer Properties." I wonder why the difference? {redoak}

What do you mean "My Computer Properties"?

Is it what I said 'right-click My Computer, then select Properties' and that's not My Computer Properties.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Jag, you might want to edit the post with that screenshot to remove your Windows registration key #.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online