1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual PC 2007 and Vista upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by greer, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greer

greer Thread Starter

:confused: System: AMD 64 3000+ 2GB Ram 160GB HD Win XP Pro. I have Vista
    RC1 running correctly in MS Virtual PC. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Business. My Vista Bus U/G copy is on 4 CD's, not a DVD! I tried to upgrade my main XP first, but after nearly completing, (read all 4 CD's OK) the system crashed, so I used Ghost to restore XP. Now trying to UG inside Virtual PC 2007. All goes well, untill it asks for CD number 2. When I click OK after inserting the CD it just continues to ask for the CD No. 2. I have sucessfully disabled Autorun and Autoplay (from the registry), but still have the problem. It eventially gives an error cade 0x000010 and tells me to restart the installation. Would love to get some help on this ! Many thanks, Errol Greer.

2. greer

greer Thread Starter

Problem solved ! For each CD I had to click on the CD tab and tell it AGAIN to use my F drive (the DVD). It seems that it clears the link to the physical drive between loading CDs.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Interesting, I haven't tried loading multiple CD installs yet, but that's good to know. :)

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice