1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual pc for windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by philjar, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philjar

philjar Thread Starter

HI.I have installed winme on vitual pc for windows on P4 3.2 G-! g Ram.and wish to have access to my video card on my host pc which is Acer eax300 instead of the 4MB Trio 32 installed by virtual pc,is there anyway to do this.Thank You

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Probably not, they have to emulate some "standard" video card to run the virtual machines. However, there is someone here that uses Virtual PC, I'll see if she can drop in.

3. awalker0878

awalker0878 Removed by request

No sorry as far as I know there is no way to access your physical video card. The emulated video card is "S3 Trio 32/64 PCI with 8 MB Video RAM" video card so it can work on all oses and run on all different computers.

You will have to wait until she comes for confirmation but I pretty sure. VmWare another popular PC Emulator allows more options but I have also used that program I don't think it has that option either I think your SOL.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

5. jmwills

jmwills

"You get what you get" as installed by Virtual PC which is the basics.

6. awalker0878

awalker0878 Removed by request

it uses 8mb ram because that is the amount memory required for 32-bit color

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice