Virtual phone number - fax sound calls my Landline steadily

limgreen

For the last 3 months, I receive calls from somewhere [I am assuming a cellphone ] that is programmed as a virtual phone number , using WhatsApp, to send a fax of some sort from a fax machine in someone's apt, to my landline, on a weekly bases. It sets off my voice messaging system , which tapes the sound. If I leave my fax machine "on" no fax is ever sent...it is just done to annoy me, and decrease my hearing. I am aware of someone in my social circles, who might be doing that. It has gone on for 3 months now. I have contacted Bell Canada, and they have told me it is NOT a Bell Canada number , and I cannot Block it out. They have told me to call the CRTC that controls the internet, and so forth for more advice, OR make a Police report, and then call BELL CANADA to put tracing equipment, on my line, to see where the calls are coming from.

It is a regular thing happening now, during the day or evening on my landline, 2-3 times a day. Since I have all my major internet work coming from the usage of my landline, I want to know how I might be able to trace the virtual number ,and remove it/stop it from entering my landline, since all efforts to do so has failed, so far .

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to get the RCMP involved in this matter. I am certain a cellphone is being used, and the number is a virtual number and it is used through WhatsAPP......as the person I am aware of who might do this thing, ONLY has a cellphone, and is backed -up with computer experts, who can help him /her set all this up and not be traced. The person wants to harass me , since it has been ongoing for 3 months now. No fax is ever sent...just the noise of the fax machine .

Look forward to hearing from a Geek with advice, on this matter, asap.

Do what BELL said and report to the police so that BELL can trace the call.

Harassment is an offense too, so you should contact the police.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online