Virtual Server 2005

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blakes7

Hi! I'm trying to setup a VPN lab using windows virtual server 2005. I need to setup a 5 computer network. I'm trying to do this on 3 computers. I had virtual server setup on 2003 server enterprise, and was going to pit XP on it. The install part on the setup page for XP was greyed out. I looked up the documentation, and it said I could use XP as a host, but it wasn't listed in the guest OSs. So I went to a computer I have XP Pro on, installed IIS, then virtual server. When I go to the page to setup a virtual machine, it asks for credentials. I'm already logged in as the administrator, the only account on the computer. Well, I type in my user name and password, and it tells me I don't have permission to access the page. I created another administrator account, restarted the computer, went to the virtual server page, it asks for credentials, I type in the new administrator account, and get the same thing---I don't have permission. What is going on? The XP computer is a stand -alone---it's not a member of a domain. The lab calls for this computer to be a stand-alone. Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online