1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Elyk, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi there everyone.

Recently I've been having a 32 bit/ 64 bit conflict. It was accessory hardware related. [Please don't ask what it was, search for my other posts to find out].

So, I found a way around it, but I am very confused on how to do it. I tried to read through the tutorials, however I just don't know where to start.

The software is VirtualBox (freeware, open source, virtual machine program). I want to run a Windows 2000 Pro as a virtual machine on my Windows 7 laptop.

I need to know how to get my Windows 2000 from my old useless computer to a form (bootdisc?) that would be recognized when I start my virtual machine.

I have less than 4GB of used space on the system partition of that computer, so it can fit on a DVD if needed.

So, how do I take the OS from my old computer and put it on a bootable media so I can use it as a virtual machine?

Thanks in advanced, let me know if you need more info.
  2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Apr 4, 2003
  3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Oct 1, 2007
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007584