1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtualized Server 2008

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Axerion, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Axerion

Axerion Thread Starter

I use windows server 2008 Standard in virtualbox.
    2nd computer is virtual windows 7 pro.
    i need to create link between these machines so if i create a domain in server,7 should be able to join in that domain and receive internet via that.

in a nutshell: i need to create a test network with domain using windows 7 pro and windows server 2008 standard so server gets internet from host,and 7 gets internet via server in a domain link (using virtualbox) (server is a virtual domain controller)

2. Rockn

Rockn

Have you actually created a domain in Server 2008 along with AD and DNS? You also need to use a local only connection and not your NIC for a network.

3. Axerion

Axerion Thread Starter

server is promoted to domain controller with dns etc installed,im in that point i need to add 7 pc to its domain. server has access to host internet on 1 card and 2nd card is internal network card.
    7 pc has only internal network card

4. Rockn

Rockn

Do you have DHCP set up on the server VM as well and given the server a static IP address? I am not sure how the virtual nics are handled on Virtualbox, but Virtual PC uses local only and it separate from your physical network on the host.

5. Axerion

Axerion Thread Starter

yep,server has DHCP server and static ip. i managed to add my test NT 4 pc to its domain,but it cant login to it,as it says domain is not available.. NT 4 cos i try the same on my own laptop, that can not run 7 and 2008 at same time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice