Virus alert notification

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nia015

Hey; every time I turn on my computer, the virus alert notification is flashing and although I've tried to permanently hide it, every couple of days, it turns itself back on and continues to alert me to the fact that I have "malware"?! Plus, every day, the Trojan virus tries to attack the system. I've run Norton Antivirus several times - it's clear - but I'm still getting the notification. Can anyone help? Thank you!

nia015

Sorry...not totally sure what that means or how I would check!:confused:

bearone2

Banned
it means, is your virus protection up to date.

generally if you open the program you'll see what the date is for your virus definitions.

if it's more than 30 days old, you may have a virus.

nia015

Ah, I see. The date is 04/01/06, so quite recent! I just wondered if there's anything I can do to stop it all...

bearone2

Banned
lets see, is it april fools day? my calendar says jan the 4th.

i believe you're seeing the date your subscription expires.

the date for virus defss should be in there someplace close.

nia015

Think it's the English thing...we have date/month/year, so that's Jan. 4th 2006. There are three hundred and something days left on the subscription.

bearone2

Banned
does norton do auto updates?

do a manual update and see if it says you've got the latest and greatest.

bearone2

Banned
i use spybot 1.4, xoftspy and symantec av and stay real clean.

good luck, sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online