1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus Attachments in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Herbie, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Herbie

Herbie Thread Starter

I am getting so many virus attachments to my incomming e-mail that I would
    like to allow e-mail from those who are in my address book only... Can
    anyone tell me if there is any way to configure my outlook express 6, to do
    that? thanks..... Herbie

2. raybro

raybro

Although I've never used it and do not know how to set it up, my understanding is OE has the ability to block e-mails from specific addresses.

Personally, I use MailWasher. It has filters you can set up and it also has a blacklist you can add specific addresses to. Once I get and e-mail from someone I do not want to get anymore from, I add it to the blacklist and it's automatically deleted at the server if another one comes in. You can also set up the filters to delete e-mails based on whatever criteria you want to use.

They now make a Pro version that costs $, but I've been using the free download for a long time with satisfaction.

Get it here: http://www.mailwasher.net/ (y) :cool:

3. gudda96

gudda96

I use Mailwasher like Raybro and it is great but you can use OE to create filters, go to tools/message rules/mail/tick your preferences.

Any queries, PM me.

4. RandyG

RandyG

Herbie, you should really only post this question once, to prevent multiple responses, or confusion.

Try continuin with the one you posted in the Email forum.

5. brianF

brianF

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!