virus attack w32\blebla@mm.b

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vinayagam

i am using windows 98se as operating system, all my machines were affected by W32\blebla@mm.b and i was unable to clean the above said virus.
i want to know how to remove this virus since i was badly affected due to this virus kindly do the needfull to me as early as possible
if there is any download tool in web kindly specify the address

Styxx

Banned
You don't have to be using Norton to use this fix. Print this out and follow the manual removal instructions. Where it says to scan use your Updated AV or scan on-line at http://housecall.antivirus.com

W32.Blebla.Worm

Discovered on: November 15, 2000

This worm arrives with one of several different subject lines and has two attachments named Myjuliet.chm and Myromeo.exe. Once you read the message, the two attachments are automatically saved and launched. When launched, this worm attempts to send itself out to all names in the Microsoft Outlook address book using one of several Internet mail servers located in Poland. Otherwise this worm does no harm to the infected system.

Also Known As: Romeo and Juliet, W32/Verona, Troj Blebla.A

Type: Worm

Virus Definitions: November 17, 2000

Threat Assessment:

Wild:
Low Damage:
Low Distribution:
Low

Wild:

Number of infections: 0 - 49
Number of sites: 0 - 2
Geographical distribution: Low
Threat containment: Easy
Removal: Easy
Damage:

Payload:
Large scale e-mailing: Attempts to email itself to all users in the Outlook address book.
Distribution:

Subject of email: Randomly selected from a fixed list of subjects.
Name of attachment: myjuliet.chm and myromeo.exe

Technical description:

The W32.Blebla.Worm was first reported in Poland. The worm arrives as an email message that has an HTML body and two attachments named Myjuliet.chm and Myromeo.exe. The subject of the email is selected randomly from the following set:

Romeo&Juliet
:))))))
hello world
!!??!?!?
subject
ble bla, bee
I Love You ;)
sorry...
Hey you !
Matrix has you...
my picture
from shake-beer

This worm functions only under Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows 2000 systems that have not been updated with the latest vulnerability updates from Microsoft. It does not run under Windows NT. The HTML component saves the attachments in the \Windows\Temp folder, and then executes the Myjuliet.chm (compiled HTML) file. That file then launches the Myromeo.exe file, which is the mass-mailer component of the worm. When executed, the Myromeo.exe file looks for the running copy of HH.exe (that is associated with .chm files) and tries to stop it in order to hide its activity. In the meantime, a task with Romeo&Juliet as its name can be seen in the task list.

Next, the virus queries the Microsoft Outlook address book, and tries to propagate itself using six different mail servers that are located in Poland. Several of these servers are not currently available, and others are protected from nonauthenticated email traffic. However the worm might be able to spread inside Poland by the users of these particular mail servers:
213.25.111.2 memo.gate.pl
194.153.216.60 mail.getin.pl
195.117.152.91 dns.inter-grafix.com.pl
212.244.199.2 gate.paranormix.net.pl
195.116.62.86 madmax.quadsoft.com
195.117.99.98 promail.pl

The virus has its own email engine. It attempts to connect to one of the these servers and tries to send its email message with MIME-encoded attachments. The size of the mailer component is 29,184 bytes. It is written in Borland Delphi, but the code is packed using the popular UPX packer. The original unpacked code would be about 60 KB.

Removal instructions:

To recover from this infection:

1. Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
2. Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and run a full system scan, making sure that NAV is set to scan all files.
3. If any files are detected as infected by W32.Blebla.Worm, delete them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online