1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus caught by msn messenger!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Security' started by RobertoCesar, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RobertoCesar

RobertoCesar Thread Starter

I am going try to explain my problem....
    Last friday I caught a virus via messenger, I do not remember well its name, but some like photo0009.zip....ok. I have McAfee virusScan installed in my laptop and it detected viruses and showed that they were cleaned and deleted, but inmediatly after this more messages were sent to my contacts and in my lap Task Manager, execute command,defragment of disc and even the Mcafee virusscan itself were disabled; I made some procedures with another virusscaners online while mine was disbled, to eliminate this "virus", and after this my Mcafee "works" again but I am not really sure if my lap is totally cleaned because sometimes it functions slowly and mcafee has the option Desable analisis in real time in grey color, obvioulsy i do not want to disable but before all these problems that option was in black color...

Somebody can tell me What can I do or What I have to do to make sure my laptop is really cleaned....:confused:

Thanks in advance...and I will be waitting your help...

PS...Sorry my english is not good!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try some of the online virus scanners listed in this forum's sticky at the top of all messages labeled "Security Help Tools".

3. 1SillyBilly

1SillyBilly

4. RobertoCesar

Thank you Guys, I think my laptop has no viruses any more and is working faster than other days....but actually when I was cleaning, deleting cookies and junk files,washing all free spaces on my hard disc, I don´t know why, but I went to control panel and I checked Security Center and I saw The Firewall deactivated, then I went direct to Firewall and I have no option, I have no way to active it again; I think somethig happened when I caught viruses and now I am trying to activate Firewall, I checked in local services and it shows that is active, in Config System and it says that is active, but I don´t know why I can´t get it ready....
    Do you Know How to activate it?

Thanks in advance.....Bye.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

6. RobertoCesar

Hi Lunarlander, Thanks for everything, but I tryed to activate my Firewall and I had not lucky, so I am worried because I could not find the Log file pfirewall.log and may be that is the reason...if you Know what more else I Have to do, please Let me Know....

Thanks in advance....
    and I´ll be waitting for.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice