1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus Changed Setup Files, Black screen

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by nonolol, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonolol

nonolol Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new here. Yesterday I got a virus on my computer that was detected by the trend PC anti virus program and it said it modified start up files, so I told the virus program to undo the changes, it seemed like all was well, so I turned off my computer and went to school. When i got home I tried to turn on my computer only to see a black screen and hear no beep, and im pretty sure its the virus, but since theres not even any writing or a mouse on the screen I cant enter my bios or recover, I was wondering what components I need to replace to fix this or a way to get to that recovery menu so i can recover back before i downloaded the virus and solve the problem instantly, but I cant get to it since nothing happens when I turn my PC on, anyone got any ideas? Oh and im pretty sure its a boot sector virus.

Computer model: Compaq Presario SR5180AN Desktop Computer
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4800+
    RAM: 2048MB DDR2
    Hard-drive: 320GB 3G
    GFX: Nvidea Geforce 8500GT 3D

I realise it may not have been the virus which is why I posted in this section of the forum as I have seen similar problems but without mention of a virus.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice