1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus control-please help.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jw6061jw, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jw6061jw

jw6061jw Thread Starter

Well, basically the problem is I want to get rid of winreanimator. i did see another thread about this, but it seemed to me like it was diagnosed specific to (gtrocker)'s computer and I would like it if someone (jinyan?) could help me with mine. I guess I will start with what information I know about my computer. It is win xp sp2 I have had 'grr registry rearguard' running for a long time and had recently added spyware doctor and for a while spybot search and destroy, but since I kept getting multiple pop-ups (registry changes) i got rid of SBS&D. I am at the point now that to use my computer efficiently I have to run housecall everyday, and im sick of it. Please feel free to reccomend any registry/virus/everything blockers you know of.
    I downloaded hijackthis to make a log and tried running it and it doesnt do anything, a kept trying, it doesnt freeze, but it doesnt open anything.

please let me know what else you need....as im typing I become...unselected on my current window all of the sudden and its driving me nuts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice