virus defintion updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Faithful one

I feel like an idiot...when y'all say update your virus definition do you mean go to Microsoft and download any critical updates??

Worry not. Computerese is a language one has to learn.

What folks mean when they say update your virus definitions, they mean in your antivirus program if you have one. On a regular bases, antivirus providers like Norton and McAfee update their "definitions" in the software to catch the latest, newest virus. This is usually done at least weekly and sometimes more often depending on the virus outbreak.

So if you don't have an AV program, you have nothing to update.....yet. I'd suggest you get one though. :)

In my humble opinion I'd use anything but norton. Mine is avg. Housecalls is a good online one.

700mb80min

Banned
"In my humble opinion I'd use anything but norton. Mine is avg. Housecalls is a good online one."

And why would you use any but Norton . They are first for a reason unless you have found a bug they haven`t heard about .

erroneous reports in all there utilities. Norton hasn't been worth a crap since wfwg.
Thats why housecalls is usually suggested.
What can I say, other than jmho

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online