1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus Disabled Keyboard during Boot process

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by XGP, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XGP

XGP Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks for your time,

Ive recently got XP Defender popping up on my PC. The second I saw the "VIRUS DETECTED" baloon popup in the taskbar, I knew it was something malicious. I instantly pushed the hard boot button on my PC hoping to cut off or prevent any further install or damage. But the damage was already done.

When I got back into windows I tried to run Malewarebytes and of course it wouldnt start. MSconfig and RedEdit were conviently disabled by 'administrator'. Ok so I reboot again to start in SAFE mode, but theres a problem. F8 brought up the prompt ok, but as soon as I tried to select safe mode my keyboard stopped responding. Thinking it was a coincidence I hardbooted and tried again - same thing, keyboard wont work to select the boot method. Ok so now I try to get back into windows and it wont start. As soon as the "loading percentage bar" comes up at the bottom, it 'loads' about 10% (visually) and just stops. So now I cant get into windows. Not knowing what to do I decide to put the Windows XP CD into the ROM and try to do a system repair, or even a reformat but! - You guessed it, when I get the prompt to boot from CD, my keyboard wont work!!

I've never encountered a Virus that disabled my booting options and hardware before windows even starts. Im completley dumbfounded on what my next step is.

Can any of you gentlemen offer assistance?

Thanks for your time,

Jeremy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice