1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus Disabled Security Center and I have the Google Redirect Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by nickb1994, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickb1994

nickb1994 Thread Starter

Hi

I am running windows 7 home premium and today I downloaded a .exe file, when I ran it, it did nothing. I predicted it was a virus so i tried to run MSE and it didn't let me. It disabled my Security center service so i cant system restore.

In services.msc when i try to start the Windows Defender and Security Center Service, it briefly starts and then disables again almost instantly.

When web browsing, after a google search it will redirect me to random sites when i click on a link. (google redirect virus?)

I use Google Chrome but sometimes internet explorer will open and show a random website.

* Ive done scans with Malwarebytes and removed infected files. (problem persists)
    * Ive scanned with AVAST and have had no results
    * Ive cleaned registry with CCleaner

So my problems at the moment is the security center is not running and when web browsing it redirects me to random pages.

I would appreciate any help

Thanks,
    Nick

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007602