Virus disallowing formatting Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neden

Hi,

I just recently got a very malicious virus, which I cant seem to take care of. I didnt really seem to take too much notice to the virus but as time passed, I noticed my keyboard and mouse would freeze occassionally. So I decided to format Windows, guess what, that freezes too! I'm sure its from the virus. Not to mention, one day I received a suspicipus call from an "ANONYMOUS technical company" who says that they are willing to fix my problems, very strange that they knew my computer had a virus, lol.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Your computer being infected is NOT going to prevent you from formatting the hard drive and doing a clean reinstall of Windows.

Go into the BIOS setup screen and make sure the CD/DVD drive is set first in the order boot.

Insert the Windows disc in the drive, then restart the computer.

Depending on whether the disc is for Windows XP or Vista or 7, this command will appear:

Press any key to boot from CD

Press any key to boot from CD or DVD

It's then a matter of following the directions to format the hard drive and install Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online