Virus HELP!! Automatic Updates won't work, Virus detection can't be installed, etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mchugh986

It's My Birthday!
in my start menu on the right of the clock it says VIRUS ALERT!

I believe the virus came from a bad file brought out by the disk defragmentor. When I ran the Disk Defragmentor, a file showed up on my computer called, Antiviruspro 2008, I looked it up online and noticed it was a spyware virus. I had McAfee 5.0 before running it, after running the Defragmentor, The Antivirus got deleted, my Windows Automatic Update won't work anymore, and while i'm on the administrator name my registery has been blocked by the administrator. I fixed that by getting RED (Registry Enabler & Disabler) and got it working, when I click on My Computer I can't find the file Local c: Drive, When I try to search for files or folders I can't press enter or click the search box nothing happens, Now. I'm not sure. I have on my add/remove programs alot of SP1 Hotfix (i honestly don't know what they are) And 1 XP SP2 Hotfix, but i don't believe i have sp1 or 2 and I can't get them because my Automatic Update doesn't work or because the website won't be displayed. I've tried to download numerous antiviruses and my browser wont let me go to the download site (I suspect that to be the Virus too), and I can't find any System Recovery, Application Recovery disks at the store or online that will support my system. I don't know what advice you could give me but any would help, I don't have much money. The System Info says it was made in 2001. Should I Just Scrap it? Or is there something cheap that can help me out? New Harddrive, etc.?

The model number on the front is: PCV RX651
The Model Number on the backs says:pCV 7742 (Don't know which one you need)
I hope you can help. Thanks for taking the time to read this long problem.

Knowing the make, model and brand of your computer would help, also whether it is a desktop or laptop.

Most manufacturers will sell you a set of system recovery disks at a reasonable cost, usually around $25. Toshiba gives them away for FREE; but they charge $50 to send then to you. HA!

WinAntivirus Pro and its variations is a very common virus and is ALWAYS installed by fooling the user into doing something that causes it to install itself. Most recently, it installs by fooling you into believing you have to install an update to view the content of a video or other web page. So, you most likely did this to yourself.

The most effective method of removal is system recovery. Other methods are very time-consuming and I personally have never seen other methods that were successful at 100% removal.

Usually when people get this and get it cleaned up, they get it again and maybe even a third or fourth time before they learn their lesson. Don't be one of those.

mchugh986

It's My Birthday!
Knowing the make, model and brand of your computer would help, also whether it is a desktop or laptop.

Most manufacturers will sell you a set of system recovery disks at a reasonable cost, usually around $25. Toshiba gives them away for FREE; but they charge $50 to send then to you. HA!

WinAntivirus Pro and its variations is a very common virus and is ALWAYS installed by fooling the user into doing something that causes it to install itself. Most recently, it installs by fooling you into believing you have to install an update to view the content of a video or other web page. So, you most likely did this to yourself.

The most effective method of removal is system recovery. Other methods are very time-consuming and I personally have never seen other methods that were successful at 100% removal.

Usually when people get this and get it cleaned up, they get it again and maybe even a third or fourth time before they learn their lesson. Don't be one of those.
It's a Sony Vaio Digital Studio PC (PCV RX651)

Posted via Mobile Device

mchugh986

It's My Birthday!

It's a Sony Vaio Digital Studio PC Desktop (PCV RX651)

Posted via Mobile Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online