1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus HELP...execute files locked

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bcdinh, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcdinh

bcdinh Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

can you guys please help me? i have posted a thread in window xp forum and someone said i should post it here.

here is the link to my post: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/975484-newbie-sp3-cmd-regedit-execute.html

here are my situations:

prior to posting the thread my laptop was infected w/ virus...(a red X located next to the clock w/ a message indicate "your computer is infected". at that time i couldn't connect to the internet or get to my regedit. i google around then found this "reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System". after i ran that command i was able to access my regedit.

later i ran "msconfig" command then check option in the first tab "start up window normal" or something like that....luckily, i was able to access the internet and view all files in control panel (system....) window pretty much resume back to normal

after that i updated SP3 about half way the computer restart itself and lock all my programs....every execute files i click prompt me the "open with" window and every programs (error message: application not found) ...i can't execute anything therefore i can't run HiJackThis...because i can't execute the program.

Can you guys please help me out...THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

2. bcdinh

bcdinh Thread Starter

Can someone please advice me on what to do with my computer !!!!!! Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice