Virus (i think?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trance7

I think i have a pretty nasty virus,

Yesterday when i went to use my desktop I noticed that the only website i could get to was Google, and all i could do from there was perform searches, nothing else. Every time i clicked on a link or typed in a website i got an hourglass mouse for a 1/2 a second and then nothing, it made almost no attempt to connect. So i rebooted and then i couldn't connect to anything at all. And it was doing the same thing.

That was yesterday. I just got home from work and now i cant boot at all but just in safe mode. When i try "start windows normally" i get nothing, the screen for boot selection doesn't even go away and if i try last known good configuration it sits at a blank screen.

I tried to get avg running on it but in safe mode i cant complete the install because it cant edit the registry (i think?) so im not sure what to do from here if i cant even boot normally to install the anti virus.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online