Virus killed but can't see programs or files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Old_Tech

This is my mothers computer. She had several Trojan virus that I remove and I was able to recover all all of the data and programs. But I can't see them, I can use the the start search from the start button and find what I need. For example in the <all program> from the start menu It list Microsoft Work if you clikc on it to get to the word processor there is nothing is there, at the same time i can open an existing document and everything work as normal. I cant see any thing other than the file folders in windows exploer.
This is Vista OS. I have the same issue on an XP system
Has anyone seen this before? \
What am I missing?

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online