1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus? Music/audio ads randomly turn on; bogus error messages

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by BRETTM, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRETTM

BRETTM Thread Starter

On 11/3/11, I started to have the following problems:

1) music and audio ads would start playing on my computer...they appear to not be connected to any specific user action. I could only turn it off by (a) turning the computer off or (b) going to the task manager and shutting down the process iexplorer.exe*32 (note that when you went into task manager/applications, internet explorer would not be shown as being on)

2) when I clicked on a web link it would not take me to the right location but would take me to a random location.

3) warning messages come on, but they appear to be false. For example. I get a message "Internet Explorer has stopped working", but if I just close out the warning box, everything is working, the messages appears to be fake.

In August I signed up for a On-line tech support system "Qresolve". I called them with the above problems and they took over my computer remotely and ran three different programs to find and delete viruses. I am not sure what else that they did, but they spent over four hours working on the problem. In the end they stated that my system has no viruses, they deleted the adware on the system, and all was well. Within a half an hour of getting of the phone with Qresolve, the music started playing and a bogus error message started.

WHAT DO I DO? Can someone help me better than my on-line tech support? (just as I finished typing this the music started up like my computer is possessed!) Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice