virus or something else?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boanro

ok, i am going to try and explain this as best i can. first, i am using winxp. certain files cannot be opened. i first noticed it when i tried to open IE. it gives a message stating the application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. what i found unusual, was that i could still get internet access, such as yahoo messenger was still working. i then found most other file could not be opened also. but right now i am doing this through my sons part of the computer. i give him his own password, and this side has no problems.i ran my macaffee virus scan and it detected 2 exploit-byteverify trojans. they were deleted. any ideas/suggestions? thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online