Virus Protection for new computer build

WhatWouldBillDo

I'm building a new computer and will be running windows 10 home. I have run the Norton's 360 security suite program that I get free from xfinity for the last several years on my laptop and have not had issues ( knock on wood). Is Norton's 360 security suite program good enough ? And would you also suggest using a Malware program as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I gave up on Norton & now use Defender along with Malwarebytes premium. MB is set to not register under security centre so Defender is the default AV.
If you receive Norton for free then you may wish to continue with that, along with the free version of Malwarebytes.

WhatWouldBillDo

I gave up on Norton & now use Defender along with Malwarebytes premium. MB is set to not register under security centre so Defender is the default AV.
If you receive Norton for free then you may wish to continue with that, along with the free version of Malwarebytes.
What do you mean by MB is set to not register under security centre so Defender is the default AV? Forgive me for not understanding.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
There’s a setting within Malwarebytes to register it (or not) under security as the default AV software, this means it disabled Defender & you can only set Defender to periodic scanning.
If this is off then Defender is the default AV software with Malwarebytes as a backup. Both then will run well.

crjdriver

Just my opinion however norton security is free for download from the support page for my motherboard. I will not use norton even if it is free. The best advise is to use the native windows AV program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online