virus scanner stops on same file each time on windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agadida

My laptop was running a lil off and would act slow and sometimes freeze. Figured id run mcafee virus scanner and see if it came up with anything. It only goes to about 14% and stops on the same file. imccphr.exe. When I stop the scan almost always itll freeze the whole laptop and i'll have to reboot it. Ive tried using an online scanner where you upload the file and it freezes before I can upload it. Any help would be appreciated.

dustyjay

Jay
Never having been a big fan of McAfee Anti Virus products, I would try uninstalling McAfee an install something such as Avira Anti Virus for one that works well. Especially given the problems that McAfee has been having lately.

agadida

Ive tried running it in safe mode and does the same thing still. I kept mcafee just because the laptops still new and has a month left before I have to purchase it. I'll try uninstalling it and using avira now.

agadida

For some reason it wont uninstall mcafee. starts and says its uninstalling then freezes pretty much. doesnt show any progress. I downloaded avira and scanning with that now. hopefully that wont freeze either. if it does, any suggestions?

agadida

tried running avira and it started scanning then stopped on a different file. was running for over a half an hour stuck on the same file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online