1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus scanning, etc. shuts down PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deesee, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deesee

deesee Thread Starter

For the past week or so, every time I run a scan (virus, spyware, etc.) my computer shuts down. On one occasion before screen went blank I saw the message 'driver_unloaded_without_cancelling operations'. Any ideas please. I am using Windows XP.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

You could try running the scan in safe mode to see if it works there . .

3. deesee

deesee Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Iv'e tried this and the same happens.

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

5. deesee

deesee Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply Dust Sailor. The same thing happens when I do an online scan. I have tried Panda and Housecall. I was using AVG but have uninstalled it and have installed a trial of NOD32. This works without shutting down most of the time, however, adaware and Spybot search and destroy do not. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them both. I have Spyware Blaster as well.

Thanks for the link, I will see if there is something I haven't yet tried there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!