1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus scans

Discussion in 'General Security' started by drtywtr, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtywtr

drtywtr Thread Starter

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could recomend a few good scans to me (Free is prefered) and also tell me if the scans i have are any good

The first scan i got was of course "Windows Defender" which comes with the computer.

The second scan i have is "Ad-Aware 2007" I find this is a decent program more aimed twards the "little" innfections viruses ect. (In my world all bad viruses ect. are a problem.)

My fourth scan i have only had for a week or two and it seems to be more of a firewall to me :( it is called "Windows Live OneCare" (beta) as i said it seems to be more of a firewall based program made by Windows, although it does have a fairly decent scanning program for those of you who dont know about this i do have a link for you to try it and review it please mind that it is still "Beta"
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/sandbox/default_scan.htm

The fourth and final program I am using is "Malawarebytes" i downloaded last night actually and so i dont know to much about it like the one care i do have a link. i used it to delete a sespific program that was bugging me called "Microsoft (AV)" EXTREEMLY anoying fake scan that is hard to get rid of so if u ever get this i suggest you getting this scan... anywho it is from what ive seen extreemly good but the opposite of Ad-Aware 2007 i mean that by it is verry efected but is more aimed at taking down the bigger types of malaware, viruses, infections, and and all that good stuff.
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Thank you very much for your time!!!:)

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Fine but none of those except possibly Live One Care are for virus.
    If you want an opinion or 2, Windows Defender is a useless antispyware program that does nothing at all. Adaware is old technology but Malwarebytes is quite acceptable for spyware removal.
    For virus I suggest Nod32 (www.eset.com) which will also repulse spyware as well.

3. drtywtr

drtywtr Thread Starter

Thank you verry much ill check it out:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice