1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus turns pc off, wont allow virus/malware scans

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by adelinka, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adelinka

adelinka Thread Starter

There is a virus on my computer. A new icon appeared in my taskbar (looks white with a vivid green dot in the middle). It calls itself 'Antivirus software' but its definitely fishy. it tries to run scans of my pc without asking me. when i click on the icon, it opens something called antivirus software, but on the taskbar it's called 'antivirus software demo'. a windows security alert bubble appears every 5 seconds telling me i.e my wuautlc.exe is infected (amongst many others). It wont let me turn on a scan from my antivirus (PandaCloud) or antimalware scan (Malwarebytes). It opens Internet explorer pages every 10minutes (eventhough i always use Firefox). Theres a small window opening on the bottom right of my screen every 5 minutes telling me my pc is infected, and then asks me to purchase this 'Antivirus software'. and Every 10minutes a main window opens in the middle of my screen telling the same.

I tried opening my pc on SafeMode with Networking. I cant use PandaCloud from there. I can use Malwarebytes but on SafeMode my computer turns off by itself after a few minutes.

I hope you know what I am referring to and you will be able to help! Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice