1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIRUS WINAVXX (?) - denied access to Control Panel

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Stewie Griffin, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin Thread Starter

Hi guys. I think I have a serious problem with some malware here.

The symptoms are;

1) an error msg when I boot windows, something to the effect of;

"C/Windows/System32/print.exe - cannot be found / is not accesible"

2) I also cannot access the control panel as I get the following msg;

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system Adiministrtor"

There are also a few suspect processes running- in particular one called "logo media translatedotnet server.exe" ...which had bad news written all over it :rolleyes:

I have read about this problem elsewhere - and have ran AVG anti-virus - which found infected files and deleted them but did not remedy the symptoms.

I also updated Java as I read that this may have been the route of the problem :confused:

This is my Ma & Pas computer - so I dont know exactly when this happened or the likley source...

I would keep poking about but I feel that this one is over my head! :(

Please find the Hijack this log attatched

Thanks in advance

Steven

Attached Files:

2. Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin Thread Starter

Just realised the "logomedia.exe" file i refered to is linked to a translation program that my folks have installed, so may not be a problem.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/654992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice