Virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Puffx0r

I've had two different friends (though spaced out completely different). Over AIM when they IM someone they send this automatically "psst, http://192.168.1.4:8180"

I assumed it was either spyware or a virus. I had them run updated Spybot Bot and it came up with nothing. Then he updated the definitions of his Anti-Virus: McAfee and STILL nothing came up...

What's going on?

Obviously I'm not about to click on something that could possibly infect my machine. Posting something that might be a virus is not 1337, it's just childish and pretty stupid. My advise is, to remove the link.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, I was brave enough to click on it :D Not running a virus program at the time.....dead link ;)

The page cannot be displayed

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
192.168 is a private network address, not an Internet address. It can't possibly go anywhere unless you're on a private network, with a computer using the address 1.4, with some program running on port 8180... Pretty weird.

Puffx0r

Yeah, but how can I help them get rid of it? It's annoying to have it IM that to people on their Buddy List.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online