1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mexicano, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

Please help me I am at my daughters and don't have all the info here. I came home and seen on my virus program that I have 3 viruses. It looks like the setting is under my sons settings >It said something like andy c/documents website. It told me that it could not be healed I dont know what that means and I shoudl put them in the vault and I did . Know what do I do with them? What is the vault.How do I get them out of my or the vault? It said soemthing about a trojan I dont know what that means . If you read this I will keep in touch this evening

2. BillC

BillC

Once home, see if you can identify the names of the viruses or trojans.If the names are known, solutions are easier to find.

Also, did you discover them by doing a virus scan?

3. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

my virus program must have been scheduled I came home and found the program showing on my monitor It showed 3 sites in read after giving it the test. How do you empyt a vault and what does it mean by cannot be healed how do I just get rid of the files that have a virus and what is a trojan I remember that part I just put them in the vault and left home and thought I would check with you

4. BillC

BillC

You did not say which anti virus program you are using, but one of the most common reasons that an AntiVirus program cannot automatically repair or delete an infected file is that you do not have the most up-to-date virus protection. You might want to update your virus protection and scan again.

Also, if a virus is quarantined, you usually have options to repair, resort, delete or submit to the AntiVirus vendor. Theses options usually appear in your "reports" or "scan logs" file. If it is quaratined, your machine is safe..

What were the names of the viruses your scan found and what AV program do you use?

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Disable System Restore and run your virus scan again.

When finished remember to re-enable System Restore and creat a new restore point.

6. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

I wish I was home to give you complete details but I have avg program and when the test results came up it showed in red something like my son's name c/documents and the word website it did say it could not be healed and I do know I have to update I left so fast and got so nervous thinking I have a virus it said to put in the vault where and what is the vault? Do I just go in the vault and delete what shows in red I am new to this computer thing and don't know what to do Somewhere else it said somethng about a trojan I have windows xp prof

7. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

how do i enable the system restore and then enable it

8. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

9. BillC

BillC

For XP look here for instructions. A 'vault' is a quarantine folder.

Perhaps I should suggest to wait until you get home so the information is in front of you.

10. KeithKman

KeithKman

11. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

thanks alot you have all helped I will post back when I get home and find out what the virus is and let you know I am very worried about it never had one and think my computer will be 0

12. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

ok here are the results from the scan for the virus. The test results show 1 on 9/01 it says

c:\documents and setting\andy\localsettings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\OJ6NAB8b\webcam~/.EXE

the second ones show

c:program files\website viewer\ 110021.EXE
    there are 2 of these

they all say trojan horse dialer

avg said put them in the vault and I did now I see them in the vault I updated the avg but forgot to disable system restore and ran the test and no viruses came up I then finally found the vault and deleted one of them I dont know if I should have please help me I dont know much about computer and need step by step instructions contact me please

I dont know if this helps but the webcam one says plugin [1].EXE
    the others say 110021.EXE and 110021Tempexe

13. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Once a file has been put in quarintine or in the vault, it is safe to delete the file. Remember to also empty the recycle bin.

14. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

ok thanks but how do I know if these are important or not I dont know what they are should I still disable the system restore and run the avg again? And Idon't know what it means by create a new restore point.All I have ever done with system restore is go back a date to change what mistake I have made. I want to thank you for all your help

15. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

I finally figured out by the site you gave me how to disable the system restore. So what should I do delete the files in the agv vault and then disable system restore or the other way around and I do not know what creating a new date for systm restore means or how to do it It showed a line and said I should put in a description I dont know what that means . If I do it now what should I put in there

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice