Virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KeithKman

My friend said he got a virus...this is what he said:

I am on my sisters computer because mine got this lethal virus. Even the Sony guy came, and said it cannot be fixed, and my comp is no longer under warranty!!! the file name is somthing like IPVMON.SYS or somthing like that!! My $1300 computer can no longer work!!!! I am so frustrated!!!! What happened was when I started it up, this all blank blue screen came up stating "windows was shut down due to a.... failure" it said to restart and try again, but everytime i restart, the same thing happens. Anyone else had this problem before!?!?!?!?!?
Does he have a virus? What should he do?

Hey Keith,

I can't believe his machine is unfixable. Ask him if he can boot in the safe mode. If he can, try running a virus scan there. Also, ask him to write down just what his BSoD says...that might give a clue to the problem.

AS you know, some of the guys here probably could help {although I'm no expert}. Tell him not to give up just yet. That's my view.

Yep.............."something like IVPMON.SYS" is not really going to help us to help him:D

Need O/S and as much info as poss.
;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online