Virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

4harpers

I opened a e-mail attachment, bad idea. I don't often do this. Anyway, it was a drawing of a girl in a bathing suit and said " you have won the worlds most beautiful woman contest, and so tag your it". This did not sound good. I am running NAV 2001 and ran full system scan-nothing, I went online and ran Micro housecall nothing. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks

best if you had a virus scanner on your e-mail too... also you need to disable scripts.... go to start/settings/control panel/internet options/security/and disable scripts in custom settings

Bryan

Bryan
It sounds like a hoax virus that was going around a while ago that read "Tag Your It. Forward this to everyone to keep the chain alive" after viewing the attachment. Anyway, if an up-to-date Nortons AV scan and the online scan says your clean, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to keep getting the most current Norton virus pattern updates and doing a scan after each new update is installed for a month or so.

4harpers

When you advised to disable scripts, exactly which scripts do you mean. Tools, security, custom theyre are a lot of different scripts, Active X and so forth. Thank you for all your reply's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!