1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virus?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by 4harpers, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4harpers

4harpers Thread Starter

I opened a e-mail attachment, bad idea. I don't often do this. Anyway, it was a drawing of a girl in a bathing suit and said " you have won the worlds most beautiful woman contest, and so tag your it". This did not sound good. I am running NAV 2001 and ran full system scan-nothing, I went online and ran Micro housecall nothing. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I think its ok

3. ezymony

ezymony

you need to scan all attachments before they are opened

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

best if you had a virus scanner on your e-mail too... also you need to disable scripts.... go to start/settings/control panel/internet options/security/and disable scripts in custom settings

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    It sounds like a hoax virus that was going around a while ago that read "Tag Your It. Forward this to everyone to keep the chain alive" after viewing the attachment. Anyway, if an up-to-date Nortons AV scan and the online scan says your clean, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to keep getting the most current Norton virus pattern updates and doing a scan after each new update is installed for a month or so.

6. 4harpers

4harpers Thread Starter

When you advised to disable scripts, exactly which scripts do you mean. Tools, security, custom theyre are a lot of different scripts, Active X and so forth. Thank you for all your reply's.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice